Day - 02
April 18, 2024
Registration & Refreshments
Welcome & Speed Networking
Welcome & Speed Networking
Panel Discussion: ‘Nobody Likes Change’ – How to Manage People and Processes to Ensure Your Digital Investment Yields Productivity & Efficiency Gains
Join this panel of digital transformation leaders to unpick how you steer technology-led change, taking your people with you along the way. Avoiding 'leadership spiel' and 'management speak,' the panelists detail the incremental steps and processes needed to execute new tech-led business plans.
Take away details of what works, which tried and tested failures to avoid, and answer common questions, including:
- How do you sell your ideas for digital transformation to your boss, influence change and bring your people with you?
- How can you prepare people for integration and engage those who seem resistant?
- How do you effectively educate different teams on new integrated processes and technologies?
- What are the quick wins, ‘easy buttons’, and powerful tools that you can implement to kick-start tech-led innovation?
- What is the best approach to fostering new working relationships between teams, identifying problems, and reacting quickly with new processes and training?
Leading Teams through Manufacturing Transformations…How to Approach Skilling, Upskilling, Cybersecurity & more…
How to Navigate Cross-Departmental Decision-Making & Report the Results of Your Digitalization Project
This session dissects common questions that those leading tech-led innovation within their manufacturing businesses face, detailing:
- How technologies, tools, and change management methodologies can help you overcome clashes between different functions.
- How to install data-driven visibility to allow different teams to accept changes more easily and be encouraged by results.
- How to weed out the solutions that will genuinely help you to report and act upon new operational insights, in a streamlined,transparent way.
State of the Industry Report: How Manufacturers Can Steer Today’s Econimc Changes & Challenges
Refreshment Break & Passport Game
Turning AI Vision into Real Value: Transforming People, Processes & Products
Be inspired by shop floor implementations where AI-driven visual inspections enhance product quality, free up the workforce for value-added tasks, boost capabilities, and improve ergonomic conditions. Understand how AI becomes an invaluable toolbox, optimizing factory maintenance and traceability, elevating design, and production to new heights of efficiency and product quality.
Opening Remarks: Sustainable Manufacturing & Supply Chains
Panel Discussion: Can You Drive Sustainable Practices Across Operations, Supply & the Field?
- Who drives the change? How do we engage employees and leadership to get sustainability on the agenda and invested in?
- What targets do you need to set to drive outcomes?
- How do you overcome the challenges of legacy infrastructure and assets and get the data to back up the investment?
- What do scalable and successful sustainability practices look like?
How to Leverage AR to Overcome Upskilling Challenges & Optimize Factory Procedures
- Learn the simple steps now being taken by leading manufacturers to change the way workers interact with machines and applications, on and beyond the factory floor.
- Pinpoint the technology and infrastructure needed to digitize standard operating procedures and understand how to empower your workforce through their mobile phones.
- Don't miss the opportunity to learn how routine tasks such as training, operation, and maintenance can be completed more efficiently and with improved safety.
Panel Discussion: Understanding AI: How Can You Take This Intelligence Tool & Optimize Your Plant Floor?
Amit Dingare, Director of Data Science & Insights, Novelis
Hear detailed examples of how to apply AI to:
- Planning: Setting a manageable AI implementation and measurement strategy that fits your business needs.
- IoT Analysis: How to use AI to leverage data at a machine level.
- Optimization: Using AI to enhance throughput, removing bottlenecks and reducing downtime.
- Quality Control & Process Improvement: How to reduce defects and improve using AI.
How to Execute a Digital Roadmap to Achieve Data-driven, Sustainable Manufacturing
XR@Work Discussion: How Can You Leverage Immersive Technologies in Learning & Skills Development?
AI in Manufacturing Discussion: What Can You Do with AI & Where Can It Generate Revenue?
Workforce Solutions Discussion: How Can We Deepen Collaboration Between Education Providers, Non-Profit & Industry to Build & Attract the Skilled Workforce Needed to Maintain the Modern Manufacturing Industry?
STEM 2030 Discussion: How to Develop 'Green Skills' for a Low Carbon Economy
Lunch & Networking
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
Chair's Opening Remarks
How to Engage People & Implement the Right Solutions for Your Small to Medium-Sized Manufacturing Business to Start & Scale Your Digital Transformation Plans
Taking a 'how to' approach, Larry details the exact steps he's taken to:
- Build and engage an internal team. that supports digital transformation plans and bridges the gap between business and technology.
- Create a partner and vendor ecosystem that meets the needs of midsize manufacturers.
- Build a foundation for digital transformation by modernizing our ERP, MES, and cybersecurity platforms.
- Redesigning the day-to-day life and tasks of operators by introducing automated and data-driven tools.
- Create new value from the proactive use of data across our manufacturing, quality, supply chaining, and procurement functions.
How to Implement a Digital Twin of Any Process Within Manufacturing to Get More Control of What Happens on Your Shop Floor
Hear details of:
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0)and current practices
- The roadmap for a manufacturing facility
- Real-time monitoring of processes and assets
- 3-D layout and process simulation
- Building a Digital Twin
- Otis’ current implementation strategy - a case study approach
How to Leverage AI to Drive Down Energy Usage & Costs
Preparing & Planning for Industry 4.0 Deployment
Hear experiences in:
- Assessing the vendor landscape and sourcing the tools and solutions that match your business needs.
- Overcoming workforce challenges - conveying what Industry 4.0 is and engaging your employees in your plans.
- Successful problem-solving and setting targets and measurements.
- Build vs. buy – understanding the pros and cons of developing solutions in-house and working with an external team.
- Building up your AI and ML capabilities.
- Defining a three-year outlook.
Session Details Coming Soon...
Panel Discussion: How Can You Achieve Traceability & Transparency to Gain Control of Your Supply Chain
Karthikk Munirathinam, Director -Digitalization, Schaeffler
- Identifying the traceability solutions that improve your supply chain visibility while maintaining brand value and meeting regulatory requirements
- Leveraging technology to improve raw materials and labor reporting to meet customers’ sustainability expectations
- Advancing your data analytics to analyze, predict, and collaborate, so that you can go from reactive to proactive planning
Automation is Great, But Let's Step Back to Re-examine Planning, Processes & People
Cobots vs. Robots: Which Approach Works Best for Your Operations? Design, Simulation & Comparison of Automation Concepts
Refreshments & Networking
Chair's Afternoon Remarks
How to Localize to Develop a Sustainable Value Chain that Bolsters Your State Economy...While Staying Profitable
Panel Discussion: How to Tackle Persistent Workforce Problems with Smarter, Enticing Approaches to Move Manufacturing Forward
How to Lead Sustainability Initiatives in Manufacturing to Drive Benefits for the Business & Client
Benefit from hearing:
- How to work with stakeholders at different levels to start an innovation project.
- How to leverage Industrial Decarbonization technologies to achieve 20-30% emissions reductions by 2035.
- What steps to take in your leadership strategy to foster innovative thinking and eco-conscious employees
Elevating Industry 4.0: Realizing Heavy Asset & Assembly Equipment Monitoring through Real-Time Data Analytics, IoT & Sensor Networks
Hear how they have harnessed real-time data analytics, IoT connectivity, and sophisticated sensor networks to optimize heavy asset performance and streamline assembly operations. Don't miss this opportunity to learn from Magna's tried and tested approaches to uncover the strategies and tools that can drive your organization's transformation and competitiveness.
Panel Discussion: How Can We Apply Technology to Remanufacturing & Recycling to Minimize Waste & Maximize Gains from a Circular Economy?
- How can you overcome availability, timing, and quality challenges when remanufacturing, and shorten lead times?
- How can manufacturers use monitoring technology and predictive maintenance to help overcome recycling challenges?
- Which solutions can you implement to optimize waste and recycling management and reporting?
Panel Discussion: How Can You Get Data Management Right to Achieve Production Efficiency?
Tyrone Ellis, Aftermarket Engineering Leader, Trane Technologies
Yet, despite the advancement of digital transformation plans and investments, common questions persist, such as how you capture data from your equipment, and when you have it, what do you do with it? Hear how these manufacturers built a profitable data strategy that gave their work force real-time visibility on operations and brought their business game-changing insights.
Along with your questions, the panelists dive into:
- What are the best options for capturing shop floor data?
- How to build a plan for OT data: what do you need from different functions, what data sets are required, and how do you provide a secure environment?
- How much do you need to spend? Which technologies do you need to get the most from your data?
- What tools are available to empower your staff to use production data to make decisions on the go, and which are the good ones? How do you connect and digitalize legacy equipment?